Saturday, November 11, 2023 -- 10am – 4pm
Cranbrook Academy of Art Graduate Open House
Cranbrook Academy of Art is the country’s only program devoted exclusively to graduate studies in art, architecture, and design. At its core, it hinges on the belief that extraordinary things can happen when people are given time and space to explore their work in a supportive and inclusive community.
Students can choose to study within one of 11 departments: Architecture, 2D Design, 3D Design, 4D Design, Ceramics, Fiber, Metalsmithing, Painting, Photography, Print Media, and Sculpture. Each department has one Artist-in-Residence who serves as the head of the department while maintaining an active studio practice.
The Academy is intentionally small, enrolling a maximum of 10-15 students in each department, for a total student body that can range from 130-150.
If you are considering pursuing an MFA or March, and would like to learn more about our singularly unique program, join us for an open house:
Graduate Open House Schedule of Events:
Saturday, November 11, 2023, 10am – 4pm:
- 10-10:30am: Check-in at the Peristyle/Cranbrook Academy of Art Library
- 10:30-10:45am: Academy Director's Welcome on the Peristyle
- 11am - 2pm: Studios open! Meet Artists-in-Residence, current students, and tour our 11 studios.
- 11-11:15am: Artists-in-Residence Presentations in departments
- 1-1:15pm: Artists-in-Residence Presentations in departments
- 2-2:30pm: Critical Studies and Academy-wide Programming Presentation
- 2:30-3:15pm: Admissions, Campus Life, and Financial Aid Q+A
- 3:30pm: Optional Collections Wing Tour 1* (Limited to 30 participants -- register with the add-on)
- 4pm: Optional Collections Wing Tour 2* (Limited to 30 participants -- register with the add-on) OR Campus Walking Tour
*Please select only one Collections Wing Tour time, walk-ups may be accommodated based on final capacity.
Cranbrook Academy of Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies may be addressed to: Director, Cranbrook Academy of Art, 39221 Woodward Avenue, P.O. Box 801, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801.
Comment as :